Concealed Carry Application Process
- Appointments are highly recommended for submitting an application and having finger prints submitted. We accept applications Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, 8:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. by appointment.
- Applicants must be a legal resident of the United States and an Ohio resident for 45 days before applying for CCW License. Applicant must also be a resident of the county or adjoining county where they are applying for at least 30 days. Applicant must also be at least 21 years of age and not a fugitive from justice.
- The fee for Initial CCW License is $67.00 (if the applicant has been a resident of Ohio for the past five years) or $91.00 (if the applicant has NOT been a resident of Ohio for the past five years).
- The fee for Renewal License is $50.00 (if the applicant has been a resident of Ohio for the past five years) or $74.00 (if the applicant has NOT been a resident of Ohio for the past five years).
- The Sheriff's Office will accept: Cash, Personal Checks, Money Orders, or Cashier Check made payable to: Auglaize County Treasurer.
- The applications can be picked up at the Sheriff's Office or can be printed from the Ohio Attorney General's web page .
- The applicant needs to submit a current color photograph (1 1/2" x 2").
- When submitting the application, the applicant MUST provide the Sheriff's Office the Training Certificate that will include the Trainers name and training number and date(s) of training.
- The applicant should wait and sign the application when submitting the application.
- The applicant should submit a valid driver's license.
- When the webcheck is complete, the applicant will receive a call from the Sheriff's Office to pick up their CCW License. When the applicant comes to the Sheriff's Office they should allocate a minimum of 20 minutes for processing CCW license - your photograph will be taken at this time.
- When a CCW license holder moves within the State of Ohio, the license holder is required to inform the issuing Sheriff of the move within 20 days.