Auglaize County Board
of Developmental Disabilities
20 E. First Street
New Bremen, OH 45869
To ensure the availability of programs, services, and supports that assist eligible individuals with mental retardation and other developmental disabilities in choosing and achieving a life of increasing capability such that they can live, work and play in the community, and to assist and support the families of these individuals in achieving this objective.
Board Members Dr. Leslie Winner-Werling, President
David Axe, Vice President
Dan Klosterman, Secretary
Renee Place, Executive Director
Denise Seitz, Administrative Assistant
Todd Busse, Director of Business/Finance
Victor Geib, Director of Community Services
Gregory Ferrall, Director of Adult Services
Daniel Evans, Early Intervention Coordinator
The county board provides and/or coordinates the following services:
1. Early Intervention Services: are provided to infants, toddlers and their families from birth through two years of age are eligible provided they have a developmental delay or are at risk of delay.
2. Adult Services: are provided through Auglaize Industries. While most adults are enrolled in the sheltered workshop program, the Board also offers community employment program and placement, a seniors program, nursing services and community recreation services.
3. Service Support Administrators: provides services that includeadvocacy, investigations of allegations of abuse and neglect, service coordination, monitoring, quality assurance and crisis intervention.
4. Transportation Services: the board contracts through Petermann Transportation to provide portal-to-portal transportation by bus or van to facility-based programming for both adults and children. The Board also provides safe transportation for field trips, Special Olympics events and community-based employment.
5. Community Living Services: residential supports and Medicaid Waiver Services are provided through coordination between the County Board and West Central Ohio Network (WestCON) Council of Governments, of which the Board is a charter and participating member.