P.O. Box 56
209 S. Blackhoof Street
Wapakoneta, Ohio 45895
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Duties of the Auglaize County Treasurer
County treasurers, who are elected to four-year terms, serve as the county banker, safe keeper of all taxes and investor of local funds. The responsibilities of county treasurer include:
- Collection of local taxes, particularly the real property and personal taxes. They are also responsible for taxes on manufactured homes, inheritance, hotel-motel and special assessments.
- Safekeeping of taxes collected in taxing districts such as schools, cities, townships and villages
- Preparations of daily and monthly financial statements of deposits submitted to the County Auditor
- Investment of undisbursed funds to earn revenue for the general operating fund.
- Serves on the County Investment Board to provide financial data, investment instruments, financial forecasting, and current and future interest rate schedules.
- Oversight of complaints from property owners who feel their property taxes are too high
- Approval of spending levels for schools, cities and townships
- Assessment of computer needs for the county.
The Treasurer's office has a staff of 2 full time employees: