Auglaize County Ohio Web Portal
Sunday, June 16, 2019

County Directories


Board of Elections General FAQs

Below are general FAQs about voter qualifications, registration, polling locations, absentee voting, political party affiliation, poll workers, and ballot tabulation.

What are the Voter Registration requirements?
You are qualified to vote if:
  • You must be a United States Citizen;
  • At least 18 years old on or before the day of the General Election. If you will be 18 on or before the day of the General Election, you may vote in the Primary Election for candidates only, but not on the issues;
  • A resident of Ohio for at least 30 days before the election;
  • You must register to vote at least 30 days before the election.
Where can I register?
You may register to vote:
  • At the Auglaize County Board of Elections or the Secretary of State’s office.
  • At any Branch Registration Agency.
  • At any public high school or vocational school.
  • At any office of the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
  • At any office of designated agencies which provide public assistance or disability programs.
  • At any public libraries.
  • At the County Treasurers’ offices.
  • By mail.
What identification do I need in order to register to vote?
None. You do not need to show any proof to register to vote. The registration form requires you to record your Ohio Driver’s License No. OR last 4 digits of Social Security No. You sign an oath attesting to the accuracy of all information given.
Can I use a nickname when I register to vote?
No. You should use your legal name just as you would for any legal document.
How do I update my registration if I moved or changed my name?
If you are registered and move within the state or same county or change your name you may request a registration form from the Board of Elections or the Secretary of State’s office by mail, telephone or in person. You may also complete a notice of change in voting status and file it with the court when you apply for a marriage license or when your name is changed by court order. Mailed forms sent to the Board of Elections or the Secretary of State’s office must be postmarked 30 days before an election to be valid for the election. All other registration forms must be received by the Board of Elections or any branch registration agency 30 days before an election to be valid for that election.
Can I register to vote if I am homeless?
Yes. You will be registered in the precinct where you have mail delivered. You may register with your address as the office of the Auglaize County Board of Elections or homeless center where you reside.
How do I know where I vote?
That information is provided to you on your voter acknowledgment notice card that you receive when you register or update your voter registration. You may also you use the Polling Location Finder.
What hours are the polls open in Auglaize County?
6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m..
How do I know what districts I can vote in?
The districts are also indicated on your voter acknowledgement notice. You may also use the Polling Location Finder to determine your district information.
Where do I obtain an absentee ballot?
If you are unable to attend your polling place on election day and qualify for an absentee ballot, you may obtain an absentee ballot by phoning, writing or coming in to the Auglaize County Board of Elections' office, or you may download and complete an Absentee Voter Application Form found at the bottom of this page.
May I request absentee ballots for other than myself?
For more information on Absentee Voting, click here.
Do I have to declare a political party?
You are not required to declare a party preference. However, you should know Ohio is a closed primary state. In a primary election, voters may only vote for candidates in their party. By not selecting a party, you limit your vote in the primaries to only issues. In the general election, party affiliation is not an issue. You may vote for any candidate, regardless of party preference.
When and how do I change my party preference?
A party affiliation may be declared and changed only by casting a ballot in a particular party’s Primary Election.
Can I register to vote if I've been convicted of a felony?
Yes. If your civil rights concerning voting have been restored under Section 2961.01 of the Ohio Revised Code.
What is a pollworker?
Pollworkers are people that work at the polling places on Election Day.
How can I become a pollworker?
You may call the Montgomery County Board of Elections and request a pollworker application, or you may complete an Pollworker Application Form. Once the application has been received and you have been selected, you will be scheduled to attend an orientation session to familiarize you with elections in Auglaize County.
For more information about becoming a pollworker, click here.
How are ballots tabulated on election night?
Ballots are transported from the various precincts across the county to the Auglaize County Administration Building in secured transfer cases. Once they have reached the Administration Building, each transfer case is then officially opened, inspected and ballots tabulated by officials of the Auglaize County Board of Elections. 


Your rating: None (20 votes)
Page Last Modified: December 19, 2008