Auglaize County Ohio Web Portal
Sunday, July 21, 2019

County Directories


Buy Dog Tags


  • One Year Tag
    • $20 per dog
  • Three Year Tag
    • $60 per dog
  • Permanent Tag
    • $200 per dog
  • Kennel Tags
    • $100 for 5 tags.  $1 each per additional tag
Dog tag prices shown are valid from December 1st through January 31st.  Beginning Feb 1st, all tags are subject to late fees. Please contact the Auditor’s office for additional information.

All dogs, 3 months of age or older, are required to be tagged in Ohio.


Questions and Answers regarding the licensing of your dog.

When should I license my dog?

The annual license renewal period is December 1st through January 31st.  If you have a new puppy, you must buy a license by the time he/she reaches 3 months old.  If you have just moved into Auglaize County or if you just acquired a new dog, you must purchase a license within 30 days.

Where do I purchase a dog license

  Purchase Online

or you can purchase a license by mail or in person at the:

Auditors Office
209 S. Blackhoof St.
Wapakoneta, Ohio 45895
Call (419) 739-6705 for details.

Must my dog wear a license?

YesOhio law requires it.  Dogs without licenses may be impunded by the dog warden.

Why do I need to license my dog?

First, Ohio law requires that you license your dog. Second, A license tag attached to your dog's Collar proves ownership and your pet's ticket home if he/she gets lost.

What if I forget to buy my dog's license during the renewal period of December 1st through January 31st?

Ohio law requires a late fee ($20.00 in Auglaize County).  Simply pay the fee of $40.00 for the current year's license.  There are no provisions in the law to waive the fee.

Can I let my dog run loose if he is licensed?

NO! It is against the law.  Ohio law specifies that all dogs must be confined to your property or under reasonable control - such as on a leash when walked.  It is not safe to let your dog roam the neighborhood.  He/she can get hit by a car, become lost, damage neighbor's property, or injure another animal or person.

What do I do if my dog gets lost?

Call the Auglaize County Dog Warden at (419) 739-6560, or the Humane Society.

What do I do if I find a lost dog?

If the dog is wearing a current Auglaize County license tag, call the Auditor's Office at (419) 739-6705, the Auglaize County Dog Warden at (419) 739-6560, or the Humane Society.  If the dog is not wearing a current license tag, call the Auglaize County Dog Warden at (419) 739-6560.

What if I move?

If you move within Auglaize County, please call (419) 739-6705 with your new address and telephone number so we can keep the information up-to-date.  If you move to another county, call that county's Auditor for licensing information.

Your rating: None (74 votes)
Page Last Modified: July 15, 2014