Auglaize County Ohio Web Portal
Friday, January 18, 2019

County Directories


How Do I: Build a new home, addition or outbuilding in Auglaize County


Auglaize County does not have County-wide zoning.  
  1. If you are in an incorporated municipality, check with that municipalities service director for all restrictions and permitting.
  2. If your proposed building is in the unincorporated portion of Auglaize County, each township has its own zoning restrictions and zoning inspector (see township website).   
  3. Should you be building a new home, also contact the county health department for sewage and well permits.
  4. Contact the governmental agency in charge of maintaining your roadway in front of the residence to obtain an access permit to determine what the drainage needs will be to create the driveway approach.
  5. Your emergency 911 number can be obtained by calling or stopping in at the County Tax Map Office, Administration Building in Wapakoneta (419-739-6740).  By contacting your Township Trustees, they will provide for you the 911 plate and support post. 


Your rating: None (11 votes)
Page Last Modified: December 17, 2008