Auglaize County Ohio Web Portal
Saturday, January 19, 2019

County Directories


How Do I: Create a new building site in rural Auglaize County


Before you purchase the ground –
  1. Check with the Auglaize County Health Department for possible restrictions on sizes of the parcel and sewage regulations (do they have a website?).
  2. Contact the County Regional Planning Commission at the Map Office in the County Administration Building in Wapakoneta to check for lot size restrictions
  3. Contact your local township zoning inspector (township website) for building restrictions
After these governmental agencies have cleared the site for development, then hire a professional surveyor to survey the lot split.  The surveyor will provide to you a plat of the parcel and the legal description that you give to an attorney.  The attorney will then transpose the surveyor’s legal description onto the proper deed document to be recorded in the County Recorder’s Office.  


Your rating: None (5 votes)
Page Last Modified: December 17, 2008