Auglaize County Ohio Web Portal
Sunday, July 21, 2019

County Directories


Probate FAQ's

What are the Court’s office hours? 

Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m except for legal holidays. The Probate/Juvenile Court office does not close for lunch.
How do I obtain a Marriage License?
  1. There is no waiting period for a marriage license. The marriage license will be issued the day of application and is valid for a period of 60 days and may be used anywhere in the Sate of Ohio.
  2. The fee for a marriage license is $63.00 cash or check, due at the time of application.
  3. The applicants must apply together and at least one of the applicants must be a resident of Auglaize County. However, if both applicants are out of state residents, they may apply for a marriage license in Auglaize County but the license is only valid in Auglaize County for a period of 60 days.
  4. The applicants must be 18 years of age or older (note: a female between the ages of 16 and 18 years may get married with parental consent and the appropriate counseling which must be completed prior to making application)
  5. The applicants must bring photo identification, i.e. driver’s license.
  6. If either of the applicants have been previously married, they must present a copy of their divorce decree from each and every previous marriage.
  7. Birth certificates are not required as long as the applicants know where they were born, including the city, county and state, and they know the full and correct spelling of their parent’s names including their mother’s maiden name.
How may I obtain a certified copy of my marriage record? 
            A certified copy of a marriage record is $3.00. You may get this by stopping in the Probate Court office during regular business hours or by sending in a written request indicating your names at the time of marriage and the marriage date along with cash, check or money order in the amount of $3.00 and a self addressed stamped envelope.
What forms of payment does the Court accept?
            Probate Court accepts: cash, check (with photo ID), and money orders.
Where do I send my payment? 
Our address is:
201 Willipie Street, Suite 103
Wapakoneta, OH 45895
Can the Court recommend an attorney? 
            The Court is not permitted to make any recommendations on attorneys.
Can the Court advise me how to proceed or what to file in my case? 
            The clerks are not permitted to give you any legal advice or practice law. 
Do I need to have an attorney to file anything with the Court?
            You can act as your own attorney, however, the clerks are not permitted to give you any advice as to what you should file and how you should file it as that would be giving legal advice.
            The only case that requires an attorney is an adoption.
How can I continue my hearing? 
            The clerks cannot continue a hearing over the phone. All requests for continuances must be submitted in writing and within a reasonable amount of time before the hearing is set giving enough time for the other parties to respond. 
Does the Court have any forms?
            The Juvenile Court does not provide any forms, with a couple exceptions. We do have a Pro-Se packet available for custody, parentage, support and visitation matters. We also have forms available for Grandparent Power of Attorney and Child Care Authorization Affidavit.
            The Probate Court has standard Probate forms available.


Your rating: None (29 votes)
Page Last Modified: May 10, 2012