1. There is no waiting period for a marriage license. The marriage license will be issued on the day of application and is valid for a period of 60 days and may be used anywhere in the State of Ohio.
2. The fee for a marriage license is $63.00 due at the time of application. The Court accepts cash, check or credit cards. Credit cards are subject to a convenience fee.
3. The applicants must apply together and at least one of the applicants must be a resident of Auglaize County. However, if both applicants are out-of-state residents, they may apply for a marriage license in Auglaize County but the license is valid to be used only in Auglaize County.
4. The minimum age to be married in Ohio is 18 years of age for both parties. However, 17 years olds are allowed to marry if they have Juvenile Court consent, go through a 14-day waiting period and the age differential between the two isn't more than four years.
5. The applicants must provide photo identification, i.e. driver's license.
6. If either of the applicants have been previously married, they must provide a copy of their divorce decree from each and every previous marriage.
7. Birth certificates are not required as long as the applicants know where they were born, including the city, county and state and they know the full and correct spellings of their parent's names including their mother's maiden name.