Concealed Carry Application Process
- We accept applications Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, 8:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. by appointment. Fingerprints will be submitted at your initial appointment.
- Applicants must be a legal resident of the United States. Applicant must also be a resident of the county or adjoining county where they are applying for at least 30 days. Applicant must also be at least 21 years of age and not a fugitive from justice.
- The fee for Initial CCW License is $67.00 (if the applicant has been a resident of Ohio for the past five years) or $77.00 (if the applicant has NOT been a resident of Ohio for the past five years).
- The fee for Renewal License is $50.00 (if the applicant has been a resident of Ohio for the past five years) or $60.00 (if the applicant has NOT been a resident of Ohio for the past five years).
- License and renewal fees for active and honorably discharged members of the armed forces are waived, subject to a statewide cap. If the cap is reached each year, the fee waiver will end for that year. (DD214 must be provided)
- The Sheriff's Office will accept: Cash, Personal Checks, Money Orders, or Cashier Check made payable to: Auglaize County Treasurer.
- The applications can be picked up at the Sheriff's Office or can be printed from the Ohio Attorney General's web page. https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Forms/Forms-for-Law-Enforcement/Concealed-Carry-License-and-Renewal-Application.aspx
- The applicant's photograph will be taken upon issuance of license.
- When submitting the initial application, the applicant MUST provide the Sheriff's Office the original Training Certificate that includes the Trainers name, training number and date(s) of training. This training must meet the requirements set by the State of Ohio.
- The applicant should wait and sign the application when submitting the application.
- The applicant must submit a valid driver's license.
- When the webcheck is complete, the applicant will receive a call from the Sheriff's Office to pick up their CCW License.
- When the applicant comes to the Sheriff's Office to pick up their approved CCW license, they should allocate a minimum of 20 minutes for processing. Your photograph will be taken at this time.
- When a CCW license holder moves within the State of Ohio, the license holder is required to inform the issuing Sheriff of the move within 45 days. Licenses may be renewed any time prior to or after the license expires.